Personal Injury Attorneys Helping Residents in Santa Monica
Santa Monica is home to beautiful sunsets and the famous Santa Monica Pier.
But, it is also a very dangerous place to suffer any type of injury that is why it is important to find a Santa Monica personal injury lawyer.
The Santa Monica police department reported nearly two-thirds of people in Santa Monica are involved in some sort of accident that results in an injury. Some of those times, they become.
Santa Monica is located in the west of Downtown Los Angeles with Interstate 10 takes you directly to the famous Santa Monica Pier.
The Santa Monica Pier is home to the famous Pacific Park amusement park with amazing views of the Pacific Ocean.
Other popular areas in Santa Monica include the Palisades Park, Muscle Beach which was first opened in the 1930s, and plenty of art galleries.
Home to just over 92,000 residents, there are unfortunately plenty of opportunities to be injured.
Whether it is being injured as a pedestrian, in an automobile accident, or by a bicycle or motorcyclist, the risk of being injured in Santa Monica is very high.
According to the Santa Monica Police Department, pedestrian and bicycle accidents account for almost two-thirds of the accidents that take place within the Santa Monica area.
Common Personal Injury Accidents in Santa Monica
There are so many types of personal injury which means there is a lot of information. You can't gather all the necessary information because of how complex most personal injury claims encompass. You can find the necessary information to help get started with starting your claims process.
Negligence in Personal Injury Accidents
In order to qualify for a personal injury claim, the plaintiff must first establish negligence on the part of the defendant. Here are the steps needed to prove negligence.
- The plaintiff proves they are owed a duty of care by the defendant.
- The plaintiff then needs to show exactly how that duty of care was breached and how the defendant failed to meet that duty.
- The plaintiff must then prove real injuries and damages caused by the breach of a duty of care by the defendant.
A duty of care is a person’s responsibility to avoid causing injury to another. For example, a reckless driver who injured a pedestrian owed that person a duty of care, which was breached through the driver’s recklessness.
Statute of Limitations For Personal Injury Accidents In California
The statute of limitations or time allowed to file for a personal injury accident in California requires a lawsuit to be filed within two years of the accident. This is stated in California Government Code 335.1.
Our Areas Of Practice
Unfortunately, there are many accidents that can occur in Santa Monica. Here is a list of areas of practice our lawyers have experience in. There is also extra information linked that can help you determine if you have a claim.
We handle a wide variety of cases to just name a few:
- How to Report a Car Accident in California
- How to Talk to Insurance Adjuster in California
- Should I go to the Hospital After a Car Accident?
- What to Do After a Crash with an Uninsured Driver in California
- Average Semi Truck Accident Settlement in California
- Steps to Take after an 18-Wheeler Accident
- What is Vicarious Liability in a Truck Accident Case?
Pedestrian Accidents in Santa Monica
Personal Injury FAQ
- Best Tips to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer 
- California Construction Accident Attorney
- Common Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Common Slip and Fall Injuries and Symptoms in California
- Contingency Fee Lawyers in California
- Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Do You Calculate Pain and Suffering?
- How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in California?
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
- Product Liability Law in California
Accolades of Starpoint Injury Law
At Starpoint Law, we have helped our clients win millions of dollars in cases and settlements for accidents they were involved in.
Please look at our testimonials to see how committed we are to helping our clients.
We like to think of ourselves not only as your local attorneys but also as dedicated members of the community.
If you think you have a case, please do not hesitate to reach out to us today to see what we can do for you.
We would be honored to represent you for damages that you are owed.
Recent News in California
- California Personal Injury Laws
- Why a California Personal Injury Lawyer May Not Take Your Case
- Punitive Damages in a Los Angeles Personal Injury Claim
- California Car Accident Laws
- How to Get a California Highway Patrol Accident Report
Call a Santa Monica Personal Injury Lawyer
If you recently suffered injuries and want to set up a free consultation, call Starpoint Law.
Speak with one of our experienced attorneys today.
We want to hear your case and work with you to make sure you get the most recovery possible.
Contact our firm today to get a free consultation scheduled.