Buses play a crucial role in the daily transportation of countless residents and tourists in Los Angeles. As with any busy city, accidents do occur.
The aftermath of a bus accident can be overwhelming, especially if you or a loved one suffered injuries.
You might wonder who will pay your medical bills and time off from work. Fortunately, our bus accident lawyers in Los Angeles can help. When you hire Starpoint Law, we will be there for you every step of the way.
How Los Angeles Bus Accident Lawyers Can Help
Navigating the aftermath of a bus accident can be daunting. From understanding applicable laws to fighting insurance companies for compensation, achieving justice can seem like a long and complicated process. That’s where a personal injury lawyer can help. Here are some of the reasons to hire an experienced bus accident lawyer:
- Skilled guidance. Bus accident lawyers are well-versed with the local laws and regulations. They can clarify the legalities involved and guide you through the claims process.
- Gathering evidence. Before you can collect any compensation, you must prove liability and damages. You need solid evidence to prove your case.
- Claim evaluation. Determining the value of your claim involves many nuances, from medical expenses to loss of wages. A skilled lawyer can evaluate your claim value.
- Negotiating with insurance. Insurance companies aim to minimize payouts. You’ll likely receive a much lower settlement offer without a legal advocate.
- Representation in court. If negotiations fail, your lawyer will represent you in court, advocating for your rights.
Bus accidents are rare and can be very complicated. You should focus on your recovery, not figuring out who will reimburse your damages.
Why Trust Starpoint Law with Your Bus Accident Claim
We know you have many choices for bus accident lawyers in Los Angeles. However, not all personal injury firms are created equal. Starpoint Law stands out for several reasons.
For one, we have a proven record of success. We have a long history of successful claims handling, helping victims secure the compensation they deserve. Bus accidents possess unique challenges. At Starpoint Law, our experience with these cases ensures you hire a lawyer with the skills necessary to represent you.
We are entirely committed to our clients. We believe in a client-centric approach. When you hire Starpoint Law, you’ll meet one-on-one with attorney Aiden Ghavimi. We also take time to understand your individual needs and concerns. Our personalized approach ensures we tailor a legal strategy that’s best suited for your case.
Legal proceedings can be confusing. We prioritize keeping you informed at every step, simplifying the process, and answering any questions you might have. Transparent communication is important to us. We want you to always know what’s happening with your case.
We believe in our ability to deliver. That’s why we operate on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing unless we win your case. Trusting your bus accident claim to Starpoint Law means entrusting it to a team of dedicated, experienced, and compassionate professionals committed to your cause.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Bus accidents can have devastating consequences. Understanding their common causes is crucial if you’re presenting a claim for damages. Some common reasons for bus accidents include the following:
- Driver fatigue. Operating a bus demands long hours and intense concentration. Fatigued drivers can make errors in judgment, leading to accidents.
- Distracted driving. Mobile devices, control adjustments, or other distractions can divert a driver’s attention, resulting in mishaps.
- Equipment failure. Buses, like all vehicles, require regular maintenance. Failure of brakes, tires, or other crucial components can lead to accidents.
- Poor weather conditions. Rain, fog, or slippery roads can impair visibility and traction, posing challenges for bus drivers.
- Reckless driving. Speeding, not adhering to traffic rules, or aggressive driving can lead to grave accidents.
- Inadequate Training: Driving a bus requires specialized training. Insufficient training can make drivers ill-equipped to handle tricky situations.
Not all bus accidents are the fault of the bus driver. It’s also not uncommon for a vehicle to cause a collision with a bus.
What to Do After a Bus Accident
The moments after a bus accident can be disorienting. Taking the proper steps can help keep you safe and strengthen your potential injury claim. These steps include:
- Seek medical attention. Even if injuries seem minor, it’s essential to consult a doctor for a thorough evaluation.
- Report the incident. Law enforcement will respond to bus accidents, even seemingly minor ones. Speak with law enforcement and ensure you get the report number to request a copy.
- Gather evidence. If you can do so safely, take photos of the scene, your injuries, and any property damage.
- Contact the bus company. You’ll need to contact the bus company to determine whether they have a claim set up and who is assigned to your claim.
- Consult a lawyer. Contact our Los Angeles bus accident lawyers to learn how we can help.
You should speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you retain a lawyer, the sooner we can protect your rights.
Common Injuries in a Bus Accident
Bus accidents can result in a range of injuries. Some of the most common injuries we see include the following:
- Bone fractures,
- Sprains and strains, and
- Spinal cord injuries.
Because many bus accidents involve people not wearing seatbelts, injuries can often be more severe—even in a minor collision.
Who Is Liable for a Bus Accident?
Determining liability in a bus accident involves a thorough examination of the circumstances. Multiple parties could be held accountable. The bus driver and bus company are the parties most people look to immediately for negligence, lack of training, and inadequate maintenance. In cases where there’s an allegation something failed with the bus, you might be looking for compensation from the bus manufacturer.
Is it possible that the motorist caused the accident? If so, look to their insurance company to reimburse your damages. It’s not uncommon for the bus driver and other motorists to share liability. Your lawyer will explore every potential opportunity for recovery.
Types of Damages You Can Recover in a Bus Accident
As a victim in a bus accident, you’re entitled to present a claim for your damages. Damages can be divided into two main categories—economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are your tangible losses, including medical expenses and lost wages. Non-economic damages have no corresponding financial loss and are more subjective in value. They include things such as your pain and suffering and loss of consortium. Your attorney will explain the damages you’re entitled to and how to calculate the value.
Contact Our Bus Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
As a former insurance defense lawyer, attorney Aidin Ghavimi knows what it takes to build a solid case. Let us review the facts of the accident and help you determine all liable parties.
Contact our office today to schedule an initial consultation.